08 July 2013

Back To the Rat Race

Bigfoot and I enjoyed a quick trip to our place out north of Terlingua for the 4th of July. We picked up David from Odessa on our way through.and deposited him back at his cabin. Thank goodness that (hard-headed) man is doing so much better.

Returned yesterday to a donkey that had gotten into extra grain and eaten herself into a major stomach ache. So we had to keep an eye on her to make sure she didn't get colic. As of this morning, she seems to be doing well. I kept her in the backyard last night. And she has left "proof" that her digestive tract is not impacted (my biggest worry).
 BAD GIRL!!

Back to work today for both Bigfoot and me. Yuck. But it DOES pay the bills. Not sure when we'll get back out to our place on Big Bend Ranch. I don't like to 'wish away' time because it goes by so quickly anyway, but I know we will both be glad when that magic retirement age comes around for Bigfoot. Still a few years away.


3 comments:

tffnguy said...

I was always good at being hard headed. ;) Sure enjoyed your visits.

MsBelinda said...

Thank you for picking up and bringing that hard headed David back home.

Also for keeping us updated as to his condition.

Bigfoot and Littlefoot said...

No problem at all, MsB. We were happy to do it!