19 December 2010

It's ALL about pissin' off the neighbors


Hey y'all...(bigfoot here)

We have some persnickity retired govt worker neighbors next door who gave us a buttload of crap when I lost my job 2 yrs ago and sold our home in FTW and moved slightly west of town to this paid for (and vacant) house on 3 acres that I built in '94. I had to move alot of stuff with a pickup truck and trailer and one helper over the Christmas and New Years of 2008/2009, at the same time we had to clean out this place and paint it entirely (EX painted everything bright yellow while she squatted here).

The lovely neighbors had previously called the EPA and some state agency saying I had storage tanks of poisonous stuff and gas etc out here. I got a call from an agency while at work one day with a report that after doing an onsite investigation at my place (no one was living here then) that the report was clear and they saw no evidence of illegal fluids being stored at my house. This was back in 2007 I think.

Once I we began hauling stuff out of my FTW home that was closing in Jan, and also all the stuff stored in the backyard garage apt I had to just pile stuff under the carport. Looked pretty junky for awhile I admit.

The A.H. neighbors complained to the cityhall out here and had gotten the handful of other homeowners on this street to sign a petition about our "junk". Luckily the mayor was a great guy and realized what a nut-case these 2 next door A.H.'s are. They gave us plenty of time to get things organized and cleaned up....but the neighbors still hated us. The city gave us a full "okay" and we have been good to go for a very long time, but the next door AH folks still hate us.
Another big bitch was the "untagged" vehicles....my 2 Packards and another couple....most are gone now.

This is why the only thing decorated for Xmas in our yard is my old pickup truck in plain sight of the roadway for our neighbors.

This is a rural area and they are the ONLY ones on this dead end road, with a manicured yard, concrete driveway, fully fenced yard, pool and planter areas all around the house (just like in suburbia that I moved way from). I left my place as brushy as I could with lots of natural scrubby trees and brush along the roadway. But in winter time it's not nearly as thick and private.

Rant over..!!..... ( but I sincerely hope the ongoing and worsening municipal budgets give them a severe crimp in their income, and they both get very ill and die a slow painful death)


1 comment:

Augster59 said...

Hello, Augie here from Salt Lake City and found your blog, and may I say I've enjoyed your stories very much. Augie