I'm in major freak-out mode right now (and have been building up to it for several weeks).
Here's the deal. . . I have the best, most fun, low stress job in the world. I'm nanny to a 16-month-old toddler (Some people would not consider this fun nor non-stressful, but I do). But VERY SOON (like TODAY) I need to let my boss know that Bigfoot and I plan to take an extended trip to the cabin and, therefore, I need a 'leave of absence'.
I am DREADING this, because I love the baby. I love the family. They love me. And they are the BEST, most wonderful people to work for. And I am scared to death of their reaction. I don't know if I'll be 'sacrificing' my job when I break the news or if they would agree to get a temporary replacement and then let me come back to work when I return.
The decision to go to the cabin for awhile is an EASY one. But this 'breaking away' part of the equation is DIFFICULT. And I (we) would go even if it DID mean that I would have to sacrifice my job. I hope it doesn't come to that though.
Wish me luck . . .