25 June 2014

We Are Alive!

I know, I know.

I'm not the best blogger in the world!

Lots of stuff going on with us, but most of it not good---job stress, financial stuff, family health issues, etc.

Just for fun--here's a photo of a cake I made a few weeks ago. I've been decorating cakes for years (not professionally--just for fun), but this was my first attempt at a 'fondant' cake. Fondant is that smooth, awful-tasting icing. I recommend peeling it off and eating my yummy butter-cream icing that's underneath.


I'm working for a publishing company that is headquartered in New York. It's a completely 'online' job which is wonderful in so many ways. We write material for college-level science textbooks. My present project is writing ancillary material for a genetics textbook.

Bigfoot still makes his horrible daily commute--leaving no time for life. "Terlingua, take us away . . . ."

2 comments:

MsBelinda said...

Glad you updated your blog was wondering what had happened to you guys.

Your cake is beautiful, maybe you should try your hand at doing it professionally...it certainly looks like it were.

tffnguy said...

Cool cake. Hope you'll can get everything taken care of and get on down here permanently. Of course it has been HOTTER than hell down here for a while. Not too bad now Just 104 after a high of 106.