18 April 2010

A Former Life




I made the mistake of 'exploring' an old flash drive today. Unearthed lots of research and dissertation articles, photos, documents, charts, tables, maps, etc. This always makes me a bit sad. You see, I'm what they call ABD--which means 'All But Dissertation.' So that means I'm THAT close to being Littlefoot, PhD. I had to let that part of my life slide several years ago when my life went to hell in a handbasket. So close yet so far.

Of course, I have considered returning to finish my PhD. And I may yet do so. Right now it's not feasible. And the stress of writing a dissertation is probably not something I can handle right now (or possibly ever). Of course, Bigfoot has encouraged me to do so. We'll see....I'm kinda preferring my new, great life with him--just the way it is right now.

Dreary and cool. I've spent the day grading papers and planning classes (and napping). And Bigfoot and I have spent a few minutes following our usual blogs which, today, has been quite a surreal experience. I'll leave it at that.





No comments: